Birthday pictures and a reminder

K. enjoyed his birthday last night. Here are some pictures:

Birthday cake (Yes, an actual cake with actual candles in it!) That's his best friend next to him who joined us for dinner.

That's TM, pretending to blow out the candles. No, that is not a head wound, but merely a hair dye incident.


No, that hot sauce is not for the cake. We had ice cream with it.


And then there presents.

Books!

Avengers sheets from Grammy!

The Lego set he had been asking for for months!

A Pokemon deck from his friend!

All in all, it was a very good birthday for K. And it continues tonight because B. is going to be able to get home to continue the celebration.

And remember, this is tonight:

If you are in the Chicago/North Suburban Chicago area and are an adoptive parent of a child or children with an alphabet soup of letters after their name (both visible and invisible needs), I want to invite you to something. Announcing:

Here I Can Be Normal
Adoptive parents of special needs children support group

First Friday of each month, beginning April 1, 2016
7:30 pm
at my home (message or email me to RSVP and for directions)
I will provide coffee and tea

Ground rules:
1. The phrases, "You're so wonderful," "I don't know how you do it," and "You have your hands full," are not allowed.
2. Each family's school choice is to be supported. Our children are each different and their schooling needs will be different as well.
3. Discussion will be from a connected parenting viewpoint. Our children have already endured enough hurt, parenting from a consequence-based style will not help.

Please share with anyone you think might be interested. My email address is in the sidebar, please feel free to contact me and I'll give you my address. We'd love to see you!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Making bias tape... otherwise known as the Sew, Mama, Sew! Giveaway

Apple picking in the rain

Kenzie on the beach