The best phone call ever

(Please note that this is not the good news that it seems. We are still waiting. See the next day's post for clarification.

Yesterday, when I arrived home at 5:10, there was a message waiting for me from my contact in my senator's office. I had written asking for his office to intervene in the interminable wait to have our home study approved and I hoped it was good news. But the office closed at 5, so couldn't talk to the person who left the message.

Was our home study approve?

Was there going to be some more delay or requests for more information? (We had to submit a lot more documentation the last time.)

Were we going to be asked to change something? (We ended up changing quite a bit the last time, including the age of child we were approved for.)

It was almost too much to hope for that it would be approved without any drama. I had completely mixed expectations when I dialed the phone.

But....

Our home study is approved as of yesterday, with no changes or requests for information.

I can barely believe it. I switch between wanting to jump up and down and yell, burst into tears, and fall into bed and go to sleep for a very long time.

I also want to thank Senator Mark Kirk's office staff for their help with this. We are so grateful for your assistance.

Soli Deo Gloria!

Comments

JL said…
Congratulations!
Unknown said…
Awesome, awesome news!

Sharon
Anonymous said…
Much rejoicing! - Hannah from NPU

Popular posts from this blog

Making bias tape... otherwise known as the Sew, Mama, Sew! Giveaway

Kenzie on the beach

Apple picking in the rain