I guess I forgot to say no backsies

Number of days we have lost with our daughter due to the incompetence of the state of Illinois: 57

You ready for this?

Because you know, I can't make this stuff up.

Sitting down?

Have you set your mug of coffee down?

J. answered the phone this morning to the bright and cheery news that DCFS essentially was saying to us, "Nyah, nyah, nyah, nyah, nyah, nyah... just kidding!" Yes, in the Twilight Zone world we are currently inhabiting, when Sen. Kirk's office called DCFS yesterday and was told that our home study was approved and in the mail... it wasn't actually ours! It was someone else's. Our home study is sitting on the desk waiting for some supplemental information from our home study agency.

Can I just say I am totally not surprised? Like, I don't think my blood pressure has even risen a little bit. I guess a not-so-small part of me just couldn't believe it would be so easy. (Easy, of course, being a relative term.) Sometimes I don't enjoy being right. So we're back to waiting again.

Stay tuned to find out what the next installment of this farce we call the adoption process will be. I know I'm on the edge of my seat.

Comments

Peggy said…
I honestly think that person who approves the home studies asks for more information to make it look like the job is necessary! It irks me that the state of Illinois is in so much debt, and eliminating that unnecessary position is ONE thing they could do to save money, yet they don't! I don't think the politicians (of any political party) are really interested in getting the state back in good financial standing. I'm disgusted by them all!

Popular posts from this blog

Making bias tape... otherwise known as the Sew, Mama, Sew! Giveaway

Apple picking in the rain

Kenzie on the beach