Happy 22nd Birthday , M.!

Number of days we have lost with our daughter due to the negligence of the state of Illinois: 30

Today my oldest turns 22. I had to check that I got that number right because she and I have discovered that recently I've been getting her age wrong and telling her she's turning 23, which isn't right. Anyway, she is in her 20's. (This seems odd to me since on some level I feel as though I was just in my 20's... )

M. is a remarkable and talented person and we love watching what she creates and is interested in. Right now she is being offered a nice amount of theater design jobs, especially for someone just out of college. It does make for crazy sorts of schedules and hours, but she likes that. J. and I are learning the ropes of parenting an adult child and on some level it feels a little like starting all over again at this parent game. Have you notices no one tells you this?

We'll have a party tonight for her. She has invited some college friends who are in town to join us. Actually they have already joined us as there is much video game playing going on at the moment. The little people are watching and at least one little person (L. to judge by the sounds) is not quite happy that she isn't being allowed to play.

So Happy Birthday to my beloved first born! I love you so very, very much.

Now, off to make some pies, the chosen birthday dessert for the evening.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Making bias tape... otherwise known as the Sew, Mama, Sew! Giveaway

Apple picking in the rain

Kenzie on the beach