Our current plague

Number of days we have lost with our daughter due to the negligence of the state of Illinois: 18

(Warning: probably you don't want to read this if you are eating anything.)

In my continuing effort to document real life as opposed to some pretend, glossy magazine life (because I know you all think that's what we live [insert sarcastic emoticon here]), I'm sharing our latest little bit of fun.

Flies.

Everywhere.

OK, not really everywhere, but certainly a lot around certain rooms. And enough to be really annoying and cause us to put up numerous fly strips. We've even considered putting on our coats and leaving the doors open for many hours, but it's just too cold to do that, and we kind of like our pipes to stay warm and cozy.

I have more than a sneaking suspicion that some uninvited animal came into our house and died inside a wall somewhere. The good thing is that we aren't really bothered by any smell, though there is a very odd scent I get every now and then when I'm in either of the two bathrooms that are above and below each other. Thank goodness for small favors. We've had this happen before, and that time you really could smell whatever it was. I'm not really anxious to get to experience that again.

In the meantime, we will continue to battle the flies. I'm sure they'll disappear at some point... probably right around the time the weather warms us and the doors are open and the flies come in.
----------------
On a more serious note, I have another article published. Culture and Adoption: Sharing What You Don't Know

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Making bias tape... otherwise known as the Sew, Mama, Sew! Giveaway

Kenzie on the beach

Apple picking in the rain